10 TIPS: How to get more views and more subscribers? How to grow on Youtube? In this video I give you 10 tips to grow your Youtube channel FAST.
On January 7 2017 I started my YouTube channel. Within 10 months I reached 50.000 subscribers. In this article I will present you some tips on how to grow your channel. These things worked for me, so hopefully it will also work for you. You can also watch my video if you like.
1. Choose your main topic or theme
- Stick to your topic, the viewer needs to get a clear understanding what they can expect from your channel.
- Pick something that you really like if you want to do this for a longer period
- Take a generic theme, like I did with my channel. I choose video editing as my main topic and that gives me enough room to do a lot of sub topics, like tutorials, product reviews and side-quests like this one
2. Build a brand
- Take the time to choose a name and a logo for your channel that is unique and easy to recognize and remember.
- If you regret your choice, you can change it afterwards. For example ‘the 8-bit guy’. He started his channel as the Ibookguy, but changed it to the 8-bit-guy. It will confuse a lot of viewers, so you should definitely avoid that.
- Claim social media accounts, preferably all with the same name, before others do it for you
- Claim your own domain name and build a website. If you don’t know anything about web design than definitely check the sponsor for this video: Squarespace Start your own website today and get 10% discount http://squarespace.com/orange83
3. Only upload the best quality and be consistent
- Make sure you only upload high quality videos. Lower your upload frequency if that improves your quality.
- If you don’t know how to edit your video, then first watch tutorials. There is a Premiere Pro basics video available on my channel for example.
- Your viewers will see the difference and will come back if you have high quality content.
- Upload frequently and consistently, the YouTube algorithm will detect this and reward you for that by promoting your video more often.
Golden rule: Only upload if you would watch it yourself.
4. Upload frequency
- Make sure you upload at the consistent frequency. Your viewers want to know when they can expect a new video
- Also the YouTube algorithm ‘rewards’ channels that have a constant upload frequency.
- Check the channel of Derral Eves if you want to learn more about the YouTube algorithm.
5. Invest in quality equipment
- If you want to make high quality content then you need high quality equipment. Even on a low budget you can still improve audio and video quality.
- A simple microphone is always a good investment. It makes a lot of difference if the audio is good.
6. Engage with your audience
- Take the time to look at the comments and (dis)likes on your videos and respond if necessary. Your viewers apriciate it to get replies and it will improve your connection with them.
- Your viewers will definitely let you know what they think about your content and you might learn from it for your next video
- YouTube will ‘reward’ channels with a higher engagement
7. Keywords / search tags and description
- You got 500 characters to fill up with search tags, USE THEM ALL
- Try to search on YouTube for additional words. If you type one or two words in the search bar, YouTube will suggest some more. Use this as an inspiration to fill up the 500 characters.
- Only use words that are related to the topic of the video
8. Video title and Thumbnails
- Often people put a lot of work in the production of a video, but they forget to take the time to create a good thumbnail and write a good video title. They upload the video and select the default still as a thumbnail… and result.. no views.
- My advice: MAKE A CUSTOM THUMBNAIL. If you don’t know how, watch some Photoshop tutorials and learn how to do this, it’s really important!
- Take your time to write an attracting title. Use some of the most important words that you also used in the search tags.
9. Collaborate with other channels
- Find a channel to collaborate with. This channel should have a similar theme or topic and with a similar (or more) amount of views / subscribers. This is a great way to gain new subscribers, the subscribers of the other channel are already interested in this topic, but they might not know about your existence.
- You can make some videos together, or promote each other in a video or on social media.
10. Use YouTube Analytics
- You can find a lot of useful information in the YouTube analytics. You should invest some time in this to learn from the numbers for your next project.
- Check what day and at what time of the day you have the most views. This can be your most optimal upload /release time.
- Check which video gained the most new subscribers and try to replicate that in your next video.
- Watch-time is very important to YouTube. You can use Analytics to find out which video gets the most watch time.